Struck Fluent is a community of specialist modern foreign language and ESL tutors, established and headed by an experienced tutor of French and ESL. We are passionate about sharing our love of languages, and committed to delivering the highest quality of tuition using methods rooted in Communicative Language Teaching. Please take a look here for more information about CLT and at our sample lesson plans for an idea of how we work.
As a member of our community, you will:
- Have access to our database of tried-and-tested resources in order to aid your lesson planning and delivery.
- Have access to the Struck Fluent Tutor Forum, where you can seek advice, support and inspiration from experienced colleagues and senior tutors.
- Benefit from full, free training before you take on your first client, and ongoing professional development opportunities thereafter.
- Have the opportunity to boost your income by becoming a Senior Tutor with responsibility for a single level (for example Key Stage 1) or area (for example Homeschoolers).
- Be free to set your own rate and invoice weekly or monthly.
- Have your photo and profile featured on the site
- Have personalised reviews published alongside your profile
Tutors of Modern Foreign Languages
We provide full training in CLT, teaching towards the requirements of major UK qualifications, and university entrance requirements. We ask that you are, as minimum:
- a graduate of a Modern Foreign Languages course, OR
- a graduate of any course with proven proficiency in the language you wish to teach. If you are not a native speaker, this should take the form of C1 certification in the Common European Framework or equivalent.
Tutors of ESL
We ask that you have the minimum of a CELTA/Trinity CertTESOL. We also provide further training in IELTS, and understanding the British school and university systems.
We require all our tutors to complete their Struck Fluent training and to obtain an enhanced DBS check before matching them with their first client.
If you would like to join our community, please fill in the enquiry form below and we will contact you within 24 hours: